Known as “The Entertainment Capital of the World”, Las Vegas was home to the biggest insurance technology show on the planet this past September. In its 4th year, InsureTech Connect’s reach and industry influence has grown exponentially. Over 8,000 attendees from 60 countries spent 3 days exploring the latest technology innovations within insurance at the MGM Grand Convention Center. This was a gathering of the industry’s most prominent leaders and innovators, and SPLICE was right in the middle of it all.
Compared to previous years, there was a noticeable increase in the number of attendees with “engagement,” “strategy,” “excellence,” “customer experience,” “innovation” and “transformation” in their executive titles; a testimony to the importance the industry is placing on the customer.
The top conversations among these executives included:
- Ways to leverage data to enhance operations, increase efficiencies and engage the customer,
- Their desire for an end to end communication strategy that would incorporate multiple channels like SMS, chatbots, phone and social media chat,
- How to effectively connect with their staff and, in the case of carriers, independent agents,
- The ability to text updates to policyholders, especially during the claims process,
- The need for SMS express consent and the challenges of collecting proper permissions, and
Networking tables were full, after-hours client appreciation events were plentiful and the exchange of ideas between attendees, vendors and speakers was feverish. With these topics top of mind, it’s clear the digital revolution indeed has arrived within the insurance industry.